TRAINING AND DELEGATION:
Instruction Guidelines for Diabetes Management Tiered Training in Colorado: These guidelines provide an overview and instructions for utilizing the Diabetes Tiered Training model, delegation, documenting and supervision.
- 2022-600 Diabetes Tier Training Instructor Guide: Provides recommended and approved training content, activities, and materials for each tier level.
- 601 Diabetes Skills Check List 2022: Documentation tool for school nurse(s) of tiered training provided. Includes Standard Training Criteria
- 2020 #602 Diabetes Delegation DOCUMENT your Delegation & Supervision with this authorization form. Includes Re-authorization and on-going supervision documentation. 2020 #602A Diabetes Delegation UAP (Same form as above but have column for delegatee’s initials)
- 2020 #603 Diabetes Support: Provides information on the Board of Nursing Rules and Regulations regarding delegation of Diabetes Care Tasks.
- 2020 #604 Diabetes Delegation Decision Grid: (optional): Provides the school nurse with a process for determining the safety of delegating diabetes care tasks
- 2020 #605 Key Elements Guide for the Diabetes Delegation Decision Grid Provides guidance for assessing delegation of the student’s diabetes care tasks.
- 606 Diabetes Tier Training Teachers Staff -individual: documentation tool for tiered training provided to teachers and school staff per individual students
- 607 Diabetes Tier Training Teachers Staff -multiple: documentation tool for tiered training provided to teachers and school staff for multiple students
- ADA School nurse pump checklist
- Insulin to Carb ratio charts 2020
- BG CORRECTION SCALES 2020
DIABETES SKILLS STANDARD TRAINING GUIDELINES: Training guidelines for individual skills to be used with the tiered training on the Diabetes Skills Check List and Diabetes Delegation Authorization & Supervision Record
- 2020 Skills Checklist BG monitoring
- 2020 Skills Checklist hypoglycemia
- 2020 Skills Checklist hyperglycemia
- 2020 Skills Checklist Baqsimi Nasal Glucagon
- 2020 Skills Checklist glucagon emergency kit
- 2021 Diabetes Skills Standard Training Checklist – Gvoke PFS and HypoPen 12102
- 2020 Skills Checklist insulin pen
- 2020 Skills Checklist insulin syringe
- 2020 Skills Checklist blood ketone testing
- 2020 Skills Checklist urine ketone testing
- #617 Diabetes Skills – Carb Counting
- 620 Diabetes Skills-CGM
- 621 Diabetes Skills-Threshold Suspend Pump
New: BDC Pump Training Video: https://vimeo.com/359101483 Password: BDCPumpPrep2019
New: TSlim-X2-School-RN-Tips Jan 2020: School Nurse Tip Sheet for Tandem Tslim X2 Control IQ
New: Medtronic 670G School RN Final – Guide for School Nurses and training school staff
NEW: Medtronic 670G School RN Final: Information to guide school nurses on the operation of the Medtronic 670G insulin pump system.
Helping the Student with Diabetes Succeed: A Guide for School Personnel (formerly NDEP) May 2020: The purpose of this guide is to educate school personnel about effective diabetes management and to share a set of practices that enable schools to ensure a safe learning environment for students with diabetes, particularly those who use insulin to control the disease (all students with type 1 and some with type 2 diabetes).
LOOKING FOR A TRAINING POWERPOINT?: ADA Safe at School: Diabetes Care Tasks at School: What Key Personnel Need to Know: two-part training curriculum consisting of 13 PowerPoints with corresponding video segments. It is intended for health care professionals to use to train school nurses and other school personnel on diabetes care tasks.
Tips to help Teachers keep kids safe at school: Training presentation specific for teachers to address basics in providing a safe & supportive environment for their students with diabetes.
NCSBN_5_rights_delegation: From the National Council of State Boards of Nursing – a checklist to assist nurses from multiple roles to clarify the critical elements of the decision-making process.
Guidance on Delegation for school nurses 2015: Provides guidance on delegation and specific procedures/tasks for Colorado Nurses