TRAINING AND DELEGATION:
Instruction Guidelines for Diabetes Management Tiered Training in Colorado: These guidelines provide an overview and instructions for utilizing the Diabetes Tiered Training model, delegation, documenting and supervision.
- 600 Diabetes Tier Training Instructor Guide March 2017 (1): Provides recommended and approved training content, activities, and materials for each tier level.
- #601 Diabetes Skills Check List: Documentation tool for school nurse(s) of tiered training provided. Includes Standard Training Criteria
- 602-diabetes-delegation-authorization-supervision-record-single: DOCUMENT your Delegation & Supervision with this authorization form. Includes Re-authorization and on-going supervision documentation. 602A-Diabetes-Delegation-Authorization-Supervision-Record (Same form as above but have column for delegatee”s initials)
- 603 Diabetes Support Staff Information June 2017 Provides information on the Board of Nursing Rules and Regulations regarding delegation of Diabetes Care Tasks.
- #604 Diabetes Delegation Decision Grid: (optional): Provides the school nurse with a process for determining the safety of delegating diabetes care tasks
- #605 Key Elements Guide for the Diabetes Delegation Decision Grid: Provides guidance for assessing delegation of the student’s diabetes care tasks.
- 606 Diabetes Tier Training Teachers Staff -individual: documentation tool for tiered training provided to teachers and school staff per individual students
- 607 Diabetes Tier Training Teachers Staff -multiple: documentation tool for tiered training provided to teachers and school staff for multiple students
- ADA School nurse pump checklist
DIABETES SKILLS STANDARD TRAINING GUIDELINES: Training guidelines for individual skills to be used with the tiered training on the Diabetes Skills Check List and Diabetes Delegation Authorization & Supervision Record
New: BDC Pump Training Video: https://vimeo.com/284019708 (Password: BDCPumpPrep)
New: Medtronic 670G School RN Final – Guide for School Nurses and training school staff
- #610 Diabetes Skills – Blood Glucose Monitoring
- #611 Diabetes Skills – Hypoglycemia
- #612 Diabetes Skills – Hyperglycemia
- #613 Diabetes Skills – Glucagon
- # 614 Diabetes skills – Insulin Pen
- #615 Diabetes Skills – Insulin Pump
- #616 Diabetes Skills – Insulin Syringe
- #617 Diabetes Skills – Carb Counting
- #618 Diabetes Skills – Urine Ketone Monitoring
- #619 Diabetes Skills – Blood Ketone Monitoring
- 620 Diabetes Skills-CGM
- 621 Diabetes Skills-Threshold Suspend Pump
NEW: Medtronic 670G School RN Final: Information to guide school nurses on the operation of the Medtronic 670G insulin pump system.
NDEP School Guide 2016: The purpose of this guide is to educate school personnel about effective diabetes management and to share a set of practices that enable schools to ensure a safe learning environment for students with diabetes, particularly those who use insulin to control the disease (all students with type 1 and some with type 2 diabetes).
LOOKING FOR A TRAINING POWERPOINT?: ADA Safe at School: Diabetes Care Tasks at School: What Key Personnel Need to Know: two-part training curriculum consisting of 13 PowerPoints with corresponding video segments. It is intended for health care professionals to use to train school nurses and other school personnel on diabetes care tasks.
Tips to help Teachers keep kids safe at school: Training presentation specific for teachers to address basics in providing a safe & supportive environment for their students with diabetes.
NCSBN_5_rights_delegation: From the National Council of State Boards of Nursing – a checklist to assist nurses from multiple roles to clarify the critical elements of the decision-making process.
Guide to Delegation for CO School Nurses 2010: Provides guidance on delegation and specific procedures/tasks for Colorado Nurses