We believe that continuing education for our school nurses is a vital part of keeping current in their careers and enables them to continue to manage their students with diabetes with confidence and with the most up-to-date foundation of knowledge!
We will be offering a series of courses throughout the year that we believe will help meet these goals. Each class will be $20 per person, will be approximately 60-75 minutes long, and will provide the participant 1 contact hour of nursing education.
The first course of our Fall 2023 series occured on Wednesday, October 18th, 2023, from 1-2PM with a focus on tips for how to manage a 504 plan for a student with diabetes. Sarah Blumentha, MSN, RN, NCSN, Director of School Health Services Office with the Colorado Department of Education covered a variety of discussion points including how to recognize differences between Section 504 and IDEA, describe who should determine whether a student is eligible for services under Section 504, and explain how a medical diagnosis may factor into determing eigibility. Registration for class 1 has closed. However, if you are interested in seeing the presentation please email us at email@example.com for more instructions. Cost is $20.
The second course of our series will occur on Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 and will cover the topic of Type 2 Diabetes in the Youth. Jayne Wiliams, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, DCSD School Nurse Consultant, will be our presenter. Registration for this class will open October 19, 2023. Cost is $20.
Our third and final course for the Fall series will be be a Q&A Session with a panel of Diabetes Resource Nurses! This will be a great opportunity to ask us any questions or share any concerns that you have (including how to decipher BDC doc orders). This will be a free course and registration will be done via email since there will not be a cost. The date will be in early December (most likely December 6th, 2023, 1-2PM). No cost.
- Click “Buy Now” to register for Class #2: Type 2 Diabetes in the Youth
- Please do not share this link with those who are not registered
- 1 contact hour of education will be awarded for those who have registered and completed the class (min. 50 minutes of participation)
- Once you have completed the class (either live, or at a later date), your certificate will be emailed to you within 1 week
- No refunds are available. However, if you register for a class and are unable to attend, please contact us and we will send you a link to view the course at a later date or credit your account for a future class