Covid-19 and Diabetes: Here is recent information
- ADA: https://www.diabetes.org/coronavirus-covid-19
- ADA: Return to School
- Childrens Hospital Colorado: Risk-Based Approach to Reopening Schools Amid Covid-19
- CDC –People with Certain Medical Conditions/Type 1 Diabetes
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/guidance-for-schools.html
- CDC Considerations for Schools
- CDPHE: Cases and outbreaks in child care and schools
- CDPHE: https://covid19.colorado.gov/
- CDPHE/Schools: http://www.cde.state.co.us/planning20-21/healthguidancebycovidphase
- JDRF: https://www.jdrf.org/coronavirus/
- JDRF Pediatric T1D: Staying Safe and Healthy – COVID-19 Click to link to article
- ISPAD: https://www.ispad.org/page/CoronavirusinfectionCOVID-19
- NASN COVID-19 Resources https://www.nasn.org/nasn-resources/practice-topics/covid19
Tandem Control IQ:
- TSlim-X2-School-RN-Tips Jan 2020: School Nurse Tip Sheet
Link to Control-IQ online training ***FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY*** https://cloud.scorm.com
- Zegalogue: pre-filled syringe or an auto-injector device.
- GvokeTM PFS: glucagon injection
- BAQSIMI: nasal glucagon powder for treatment of severe hypoglycemia.
New: BDC Pump Training Video: https://vimeo.com/359101483
- (Password: BDCPumpPrep2019)
NEW: Medtronic 670G School RN Final: Quick guide for School Nurses and for training school staff
- MiniMed-670G-System-School-Nurse-Guide: This guide from Medtronics is intended to help school nurses with the basic operation of a student’s MiniMed 670G system.
ADA Children and Adolescents: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2020
ADA CGM Guidance Nov 2016: Guidance from the ADA on use of CGMs in the school setting.
Emergency Bucket for T1D: List of Emergency supplies for T1D for classrooms in such as cases as Lockdown, etc.
The INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY for PEDIATRIC and ADOLESCENT DIABETES (ISPAD) is a professional organization whose aims are to promote clinical and basic science, research, education and advocacy in childhood and adolescent diabetes. ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2014